The primary role of a Team Leader is to manage, lead and motivate the team on duty. Team leaders ensure adherence with business procedures and safety practices and keep the team to deadlines. They set clear team goals and provide coaching and training to achieve the mission. Team Leaders must have excellent customer service skills, and be able to look at the big picture to provide service improvements.
With our services continuing to expand, we are looking for a second Team Leader to work in conjunction with our existing Team Leader to manage across all our Canberra based facilities. Working closely with the Operations Supervisor, they will provide both administrative and hands on assistance to our Shift Supervisors and Canine Captains. This may be developing or updating policies and guidelines, bringing creativity to service, and training staff and dogs.
Training people should be a strong skill, with dog industry knowledge and dog training skills desirable, but not a necessary requirement. There is potential for the right applicant to take on our dog training program development, or other projects.
We are looking for someone who is keen to build and develop our already established team, and bring new ideas and abilities to our services and programs.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Delegate tasks and goals and set deadlines;
- Create an inspiring team environments wiht an open communication culture;
- Compliance with business procedures and policies;
- Oversee day to day operations;
- Monitor team performance, listen to feedback and resolve conflicts;
- Report back to Operations Supervisor on performance;
- Encourage creativity, implement new activities;
- Motivate and coach team members;
- Administrative tasks and professional development; and
- Any other tasks as required.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Manual drivers licence (essential);
- Experience in building and motivating teams;
- Experience in leadership and training;
- Strong communication skills;
- Cert IV Training and Assessment (or ability to attain within 12mths)
- First aid certificate or ability to attain within six months;
- Cert III in Dog Behaviour and Training (desirable);
- Pet first aid certificate (desirable)
About the Business
Established in 2008, Pups4Fun is Canberra’s leading dog daycare, dog training and dog grooming provider. Our facilities span over several locations including Jerrabomberra, Fisher and Holt.
Pups4Fun is one of Canberra’s largest pet industry employers. Everyone here has a purpose, and bring their own talents to the business. This is because we all strive towards the common goal of being Australia’s leading dog daycare and training facility.
People are at the centre of what we do! We value people who are passionate about providing an exceptional experience for our community. We challenge ourselves to constantly raise the bar!
With a team of 60 employees working over many locations as well as mobile services, its a challenging and exciting job. With most of our leadership team working up through the ranks and a strong emphasis on self development, there is room for career expansion. In 2021 we won the ACT Training Awards Medium Employer of the Year, and were a Finalist in the Australian Training Awards Medium Employer of the Year.
We aim to remain leaders in the industry, and bring a high level of respect to the industry and the people working in it.