people, culture and training manager
The People, Culture and Training Manager will take the lead to develop and implement our people, culture and training strategy. Developing and supporting our team and providing human resources knowledge and assistance to the management team will be at the forefront.
The role will be responsible for development and creation of a qualification and training system. The aim of the project is to provide further training opportunities within the pet industry sector, to get more qualified people into jobs.
The role will coordinate and maintain our current programs including Australian School Based Apprentice (ASBA) and School Based Work Experience and work closely with our operational Team Leaders in people management and building our in house teams.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and innovative person who wants to get behind this new and exciting project and drive it forward. The role has huge potential for growth for someone wanting to take on and own a new role.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- People, Culture and Training Strategy;
- Recruitment and Talent Acquisition;
- Online training and qualification development;
- Team training and development;
- Human resources policy and processes;
- Communications with training stakeholders;
- Professional development; and
- Any other tasks as required.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Cert IV Training and Assessment;
- Experience in development of online training;
- Experience in building and motivating teams;
- Experience in leadership and change management;
- Familiarity with Australian Core Skills Framework;
- Proficiency in Kajabi and Trainual (desirable);
- Relevant human resource experience(desirable)
About the Business
Established in 2008, Pups4Fun is Canberra’s leading dog daycare, dog training and dog grooming provider. With an imminent expansion planned, we require the services of a second Operations Supervisor join our busy team.
Pups4Fun is one of Canberra’s largest pet industry employers. Everyone here has a purpose, and bring their own talents to the business. This is because we all strive towards the common goal of being Australia’s leading dog daycare and training facility.
People are at the centre of what we do! We value people who are passionate about providing an exceptional experience for our community. We challenge ourselves to constantly raise the bar!
With a team of over 40 employees, over 600 dogs a week, eight vehicles, four shopfronts, two acres of dog parkland and a coffee van, its already a big job. Our imminent expansion and future plans will require us to add further operational management assistance into the team.
We aim to remain leaders in the industry, and bring a high level of respect to the industry and the people working in it.