casual/ppt bather dryer
Positions are available for both people with experience, or new to the industry. You will be trained to perform nail clipping, bathing and drying of all breeds including deshedding and fluff drying and learning to prepare dogs for grooming. We are looking for people who are keen to progress further and be part of our groomer training program as you progress through.
Our salon is open 7am to 6pm Monday to Friday and we have positions available for new team members between 20-25hrs a week, or full time hours. There is opportunity to cross train into other areas for the right people.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Pre-Groom and bathing and drying of dogs;
- Gentle and confident dog handling techniques;
- Animal welfare;
- Customer service;
- Compliance with procedures and policies;
- Facility maintenance and cleaning;
- Professional development; and
- Any other tasks as required.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Ability to lift 20kg unassisted;
- Physically fit and able to stand all day;
- Experience in working as part of a team;
- Desire for continuing education;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- A passion for dogs and their wellbeing.
About the Business
Established in 2008, Pups4Fun is Canberra’s leading dog daycare, dog training and dog grooming provider.
Pups4Fun is one of Canberra’s largest pet industry employers. Everyone here has a purpose, and bring their own talents to the business. This is because we all strive towards the common goal of being Australia’s leading dog daycare and training facility.
People are at the centre of what we do! We value people who are passionate about providing an exceptional experience for our community. We challenge ourselves to constantly raise the bar!
With a team of over 50 employees, servicing over 800 dogs a week we have great opportunity for career progression, training and fun!
We aim to remain leaders in the industry, and bring a high level of respect to the industry and the people working in it.