casual dog trainers
Pups4Fun are seeking experienced canine professionals or enthusiasts to join our training team.
Pups4Fun currently teach between 18-25 classes a week, ranging from puppy classes to Beginners and Intermediate and special interest classes. Our puppy classes are held indoors at both our Northside and Southside locations, and our adult classes are held at the Canberra Dog Hub, our community based business in Belconnen. With a packed program planned for 2024, we are looking for new casual trainers to join our team.
Our trainers all have one thing in common, a love for people and dogs and a thirst for knowledge. While we have well tested instructor training programs and syllabus, we are looking for people who can look outside the box for answers, and who are always looking to learn the next thing to add to their tool box.
We currently have positions available for casual trainers working across evening puppy classes and/or weekend and daytime classes. Should you wish to bring your own special talents and training passion, we welcome that too!
Trainers have access to large outdoor training fields, our indoor training centre, as well as equipment including slat mills and agility equipment.
We are looking for people with a passion for bringing the best to each owner and dog they work with. We don’t just love dogs, we love people!
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Class instruction and assistance;
- Behaviour modification and training;
- Assistance with development of training syllabus;
- Team training and development;
- Customer service and administration;
- Communications with training stakeholders;
- Professional development; and
- Any other tasks as required.
Qualifications and Requirements
- NDTF Cert III in Dog Training and Behaviour (desirable);
- Delta Cert IV in Companion Animal Services (desirable);
- Cert IV in Training and Assessment (desirable);
- Experience in dog training and behaviour and class instruction;
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Employees are required to complete a National Police Check and WWVP card
About the Business
Established in 2008, Pups4Fun is Canberra’s leading dog daycare, dog training and dog grooming provider. We currently run between 18-25 training classes a week, with more planned on the horizon.
Pups4Fun is one of Canberra’s largest pet industry employers. Everyone here has a purpose and bring their own talents to the business. This is because we all strive towards the common goal of being Australia’s leading dog daycare and training facility.
People are at the centre of what we do! We value people who are passionate about providing an exceptional experience for our community. We challenge ourselves to constantly raise the bar! We have huge career opportunity potential with a strong focus on continued education through our online programs.
With a team of over 50 employees, servicing over 1000 dogs a week, we have career progression and great opportunities to bring your skills and knowledge to this great team.
We aim to remain leaders in the industry, and bring a high level of respect to the industry and the people working in it.