australian school based apprenticeship
Pups4Fun Australian School Based Apprenticeships (ASBA) students learn and work in the animal care industry while still in school. The students get experience in a fully operational pet industry workplace, while completing a Cert II In Animal Care (ACM20121).
Students spend one to two days at week working in our Specialised Daycare, Grooming, Out n’ About Daycare and Grooming and gaining administrative skills. They will then also attend CIT for half a day each week.
ASBA students are able to prepare and equip themselves for a career in the pet industry, and have the ability to work additional shifts in holidays. Students must be in Year 11 or at the start of Year 12 to complete ASBA requirements.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Carry out basic grooming tasks;
- Assist with Pups4Fun off site services;
- Assist with supervision of dogs in care;
- Carry out cleaning tasks;
- Ensure animal welfare;
- Compliance with policy and procedure;
- Customer service; and
- Any other tasks as required.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Great communication skills;
- Ability to listen and act upon instruction;
- Ability to carry out a physically demanding role in all weather conditions;
- Passion to learn and develop skills in the dog industry;
- Work as part of a team to achieve an outcome; and
- Good organisational skills.
About the Business
Established in 2008, Pups4Fun is Canberra’s leading dog daycare, dog training and dog grooming provider. With an imminent expansion planned, we have places for additional ASBA students to join our team.
Pups4Fun is one of Canberra’s largest pet industry employers. Everyone here has a purpose, and bring their own talents to the business. This is because we all strive towards the common goal of being Australia’s leading dog daycare and training facility.
People are at the centre of what we do! We value people who are passionate about providing an exceptional experience for our community. We challenge ourselves to constantly raise the bar!
With a team of over 40 employees, over 600 dogs a week, eight vehicles, four shopfronts, two acres of dog parkland and a coffee van, its already a big job. Our imminent expansion and future plans will require us to add further operational management assistance into the team.
We aim to remain leaders in the industry, and bring a high level of respect to the industry and the people working in it.