animal care traineeship
Pups4Fun have a unique opportunity for a motivated person to join our team to take on Animal Care Traineeship. This is a great way to enter the pet industry and get paid while gaining hands on experience and a Cert III in Animal Care Services specialising in Customer Service.
The traineeship will run for 24mths, with the opportunity to sign on for full time employment if you have successfully completed the training program and qualification. The applicant will be paid at award level rates or above while completing on the job training, and working towards this qualification paid for by Pups4Fun.
The program includes working and training in areas including:
– Cert III Animal Care Services
– Animal handling and welfare
– Dog body language and training
– Administration/retail skills
– Facility maintenance and cleaning
– Customer service
– Social media and video editing
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervise, control and manage dog interactions;
- Maintain and monitor dog health and wellbeing;
- Perform bathing and drying of dogs;
- Communiate effectively with clients and team;
- Transport dogs between locations;
- Facility cleaning, sanitation and maintenance;
- Professional development; and
- Any other tasks as required.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Fit and healthy and able to complete up to 10hrs shifts in all weather;
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal;
- Able to utilise organisational apps including google calendar, Deputy, Slack and email;
- Ability to use and maintain social media accounts.
About the Business
Established in 2008, Pups4Fun is Canberra’s leading dog daycare, dog training and dog grooming provider.
Pups4Fun is one of Canberra’s largest pet industry employers. Everyone here has a purpose, and bring their own talents to the business. This is because we all strive towards the common goal of being Australia’s leading dog daycare and training facility.
People are at the centre of what we do! We value people who are passionate about providing an exceptional experience for our community. We challenge ourselves to constantly raise the bar!
With a team of over 55 employees working with over 1000 dogs a week, we have a great base to build the skills of people entering the pet industry.
We aim to remain leaders in the industry, and bring a high level of respect to the industry and the people working in it